Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Confession of an NEET Individual

The saying “the grass is always greener on the other side” is absolutely right. When I was still in school, I couldn’t wait until the next holiday came. However, when I was in an NEET (not in employment, education, and training) state--which means that every day is a holiday--I feel like I want to go back to those school days.

The problem is, my life after graduation is rather monotonous. Well, boring and unproductive are probably more accurate, but you get the point. My daily activity now mostly consists of watching TV, playing video games, browsing the internet, and reading books. Dull, eh? That’s why “distractions”--like the translation job that I got some time ago--are always welcome. Regardless of that, I suspect that once I’ve got a job, I would probably want to return to my current state of idleness.

My sleeping pattern is also significantly altered. These days, I go to bed after midnight nearly every day because TV programs are more interesting then. When everybody else is sleeping soundly, I feel energetic and not sleepy at all. On the contrary, it’s no wonder that I feel sleepy during the day.

This piece is pointless, really, and I only write this because I’m bored.

By the way, I think I’ll split this blog into some categories like “rambling”, “review”, “insight”, etc. Probably by doing that will make me less lazier to update--since I have the tendency not to update regularly if I don’t have anything “spectacular” to write about. See you in the (hopefully) near future!

0 comments: