Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Moments of Sleep Deprivation

God, I’m sleepy. It’s been like this for the last four days, thanks to the World Cup. Okay, it’s all my fault. After all, I was the one who decided to stay up all night and watch the 2 am game anyway (it’s GMT + 7 hours, here in my country). Being sleep deprived is not lovely, I’ll tell you! Feeling sleepy all day long, having your brain too lazy to think about anything…. Doesn’t mean that I’ll stop watching the game, though. I just need some compensation (in other words, more time to sleep). That's all.

It's not the only time football match makes me sleep deprived. Some of those moments of sleep deprivation really worth it, though. Like the time Manchester United won the Champions League in 1999 (I know, that was ages ago; but I can never stop talking about it ^_^). I ended up yawning all day at school, but heck, who cares when I got lovely images of the players holding and kissing (eww....) the cup.

Anyway, there are other not-so-interesting ways to get sleep deprived than watching football matches. School stuff, for example. There were times when I hadn't finished reviewing materials for exams, which meant extra work the night prior to the exam. Or the times when I got Lab Report to hand out the next day, while I hadn't worked on a single thing about it until the day before the due date. I know, I'm not exactly the paragon of student's dedication.

Nevertheless, the worst two weeks full of sleep deprivation happened four years ago. At that time, I was attending the initiation to become a member of a student's organization. Overall, it's a very useful program. The main objective was to prepare freshmen to enter varsity life. It gave you a more insight look at the world of Medicine (FYI, I'm studying Pharmacy at college), it gave you the opportunity to develop your potential, etc. But the method was quite horrendous. In order to make it easier for us to receive whatever doctrines or ideas transferred by our senior, we were made to be exhausted, mentally and physically. We were required to be prepared at seven in the morning each day, and were not dismissed until, at least, midnight. With that kind of condition, there's not much time left to rest. The result was: extreme tiredness (and sleep deprivation) and (nearly) total submission. The latter was, of course, the thing expected by our dear old senior. What a pity! Honestly, I'm sure most of them didn't realize that they're applying brain-washing methods to us.

I apologize if I have bored you. Sleep deprivation makes me too lazy to think about anything else. I'll write something that has more quality in it, next time. Promise!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » » »

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. Web pages for designing a living room Electronic checks merchant accounts Nude men butts