Friday, July 13, 2007

OP Movie--I'm Coming!

A year. More than a year, actually. It’s the amount of time that I’ve spent waiting for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (OP) movie to play on cinemas. I’d waited so long that queuing for hours in the cinema to get a ticket--five tickets, I mean--for next Monday didn’t matter to me.

That’s exactly what I did yesterday. I’m certainly not a morning person, but I didn’t mind waking up earlier than I was used to and went straight to the cinema that morning. I was prepared for hours of standing in line on eight in the morning. But guess what? The mall hadn’t been opened yet. I didn’t notice that the mall wouldn’t be opened until nine thirty. So there I was, trawling on the street--sort of--like a stray dog.

After one and a half hour, I went straight to the top floor of the mall, where the cinemas were located. Surprise, surprise, there had already been a line of ten or so in front of the counter. I kept my cool, though, and took my place in the end of the line. It took lots of patience to just stand there. Not because it’s tiring, it’s due to bunches of brats that couldn’t stop walking back and forth, making noises. I felt like kicking their a**. But forget about them.

The ticket sale was opened on ten thirty and the people started to get anxious. Some b****rds even cut off the line. When I got right in front of the counter, I asked politely if I could get five tickets for the 16th. Too bad, the surprise wasn’t over. The ticket girl said that the ticket for Monday wasn’t on sale yet. Sunday, perhaps.

Damn, damn, damn!

(Cursing at nobody in particular.)

I’m planning on giving a shot once more the day after tomorrow. Hopefully, my “work” will be paid this time and I’ll be able to watch OP on Monday. I’m coming!

0 comments: