Saturday, March 29, 2008

Too Lazy to Write

The title says it all. There are bits and pieces of inspiration that are screaming inside my head, wanting to be let out. Too bad I’m too lazy to elaborate them, hence this rubbish of a rant.

The pattern is readable. Whenever I’m excessively occupied with something--work, reading, new DVDs that need to be watched--I lose my will to write. No, not “losing my will”, it’s an exaggeration. Simply put, I become lazy because my energy is very much focused on that other thing.

At this particular moment, I’ve got stack of books that need reading. Oh, the temptation! I can see their invisible hands extended, beckoning to me “Read us, read us.” How can I resist such invitation? So far, I’ve finished The Catcher in the Rye, Middlesex, The Golden Compass, and The Subtle Knife (none of them was recorded in “Currently Reading” because I didn’t use the internet during the time). I’m currently reflecting on what to read next--The Amber Spyglass, Baudolino, Anansi Boys, You Shall Know Our Velocity, The Pillars of the Earth, World without End, The Other Boleyn Girl, The Third Wave, and The Bartimaeus Trilogy waiting in line--bearing in mind that I still have some time before the next translating projects arrive.

So there, that’s why I’m so lazy to write anything today. And considering that the job is waiting for me in the corner, I might be busy for the next couple of months. Maybe the laziness would still linger then.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try to look for the answer to your question in google.com